Help Save the New Missouri State Parks

Meetings, forum issues, general announcements

Help Save the New Missouri State Parks

Postby jgoelleraka930 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:55 pm

I just heard about Gov. Greitens possibly closing the 4 new state parks that were created at the end of Jay Nixon's tenure. There will be a meeting at Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park to discuss the parks' status. Please show up to support the creation of these parks! The information I have is attached:

On Thursday Dec 7, we need you to show up in support of Missouri State Parks.

Less than a year into his term, Governor Eric Greitens has closed four State Parks in southern Missouri. The governor’s actions suggest he’s seeking to sell off these irreplaceable recreation and conservation facilities. Learn more by watching this KOMU clip(http://www.komu.com/news/state-parks-fu ... cal-matter) or reading this St Louis Post Dispatch story(http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt ... e-latest-2).

Now is the time to show up and make your voice heard saying “SOS: Save Our State Parks.”

What: Public Meeting re: Jay Nixon State Park
When: Thursday, Dec. 7, 6-8pm
Who: Concerned Citizens and the Missouri DNR
Where: Johnson’s Shut-Ins State Park
148 Taum Sauk Trail, Middlebrook, MO 63656
Why: To determine the future of this important natural area.

This will be final of three hearings about the parks. According to the Dept of Natural Resources, “Representatives from Missouri State Parks will be present at the meetings to receive input from the public on the future of the properties and to provide information about the properties.”

This may be our only opportunity to publicly speak out in support of these parks. Can you make it to this important event? Please respond to this email letting me know whether or not you can attend.

Thanks for working to Save Our State Parks! SOS!

-Andy Heaslet
314-644-1011
andy.heaslet@sierraclub.org
jgoelleraka930

Return to Announcements