OT Wappapello

Tell us how the trail looked on your recent trip

OT Wappapello

Postby mattsmith » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:51 am

Hiked From Sam A Baker down ten miles. Lots of trees down. No trail after bridge. Had to hike down road to other parking lot. Needs alot cleanup.
mattsmith

Re: OT Wappapello

Postby Clint54 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:48 pm

I hiked to section from Hwy 67 Trailhead to the Greenville Spur and over the bridge on Monday, September 11, 2017. It was in such terrible shape I walked back to Hwy 67 Trailhead on the highway. Really needs some maintenance.
Clint54

Re: OT Wappapello

Postby Clint54 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:41 pm

After hiking the Greenville Spur on Sept 11, 2017, and making a comment about the terrible conditions, I spent parts of 5 days since then working on the trail. This spur trail runs from about mile 15 on the OT Wappapello section in a northeasterly direction for about 1.5 miles to Hwy FF. At Hwy FF, it connects to the newly opened and paved trail leading across the Hwy 67 bridge over Lake Wappapello/St.Francis River. From there it continues through Old Greenville and on toward a trailhead located in Greenville. This section of the trail is listed at 3 miles, according to the Trailhead sign in Greenville. I plan to make one more trip through this spur, working on OT signs. One interesting fact about this spur trail is that there are two benches along this approximately 1.5 mile trail. (A Boy Scout project perhaps?)
Clint54

Return to Trail Conditions